About MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MPBC):
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MPBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MPBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at mapspublicbenefit.com.
MPBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, arrest or conviction record, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MPBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MPBC strives to continually improve upon the supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Reporting to the IT Program Manager, the IT Support Technician will be primarily be the first level of support to the employees and contractors for Maps Public Benefit Corporation.
This position requires excellent customer service skills.
[Remote] This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. A work computer will be provided.
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week. Applicants must be available 40 hours a week, during normal business hours (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday PST). The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
• Bachelor's degree and training in Sharepoint and other Microsoft software environments.
• One or more years of experience in IT or application support.
• Familiarity with helpdesk software and processes.
• Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent customer/staff support – highly personable.
• Ability to articulate, write and personally present information in a clear and understandable manner.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully within a deadline-driven environment.
• Familiarity with healthcare, pharmaceutical, or highly regulated environments a plus.
• Ability to ask clear, goal-oriented questions.
• Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Supporting end-users by phone, e-mail, or remote session with typical day-to-day computing tasks.
• Documenting and tracking support requests inside a ticketing system.
• Follow-up with end-users to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues.
• Conduct basic troubleshooting of common issues (internet, WiFi, printing, application login, password reset) and escalate if needed to the IT Program Manager.
• Provision new user hardware and accounts at the direction of the IT Program Manager.
• Learn MAPSBC line-of-business applications to better assist with system management and administration.
• Assist with documenting the IT environment using provided tools.
• Develop end-user support documentation such as walkthroughs or guides when necessary.
• Limited Travel outside Northern California.
• Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff
• Check in regularly with supervisor and complete assignments by agreed deadline
• Document processes and provide regular updates
• Proactively seek methods of improvement, streamlining workflows and building efficiencies in individual work and project outcomes
• Experience using Microsoft Office Applications (Sharepoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Comfortable using internet applications
• Comfortable navigating Mac and PC operating systems
• Self-motivated to complete tasks within agreed-upon deadline, ability to communicate clearly about deadlines and expectations
• Able to manage time well and ask for support when needed
• Quick learner, excited about learning to use systems in new contexts
• Able to support the following tools in multiple, pre-specified contexts. Prior experience a plus, some training will be provided: Smartsheet, Zoom, Asana, Clinical Trial Management System, Medrio, HRIS
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (i.e. eligible for overtime)
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. Includes full benefits package.
Your application was submitted successfully.