About MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)
MAPS PBC is pioneering a new form of mental health care, beginning with the development of MDMA-assisted therapy as an FDA-approved treatment for PTSD. MDMA-assisted therapy is a new paradigm in the treatment of mental health, combining a medicine with psychotherapy to address the root causes of PTSD. It has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the FDA and the results of our pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial were published in Nature Medicine and profiled on the front page of The New York Times.
MAPS PBC is a Public Benefit Corporation, with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a non-profit working for over three decades to develop medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from psychedelics. We are committed to continuing to lead the field of psychedelic medicine with integrity and ethics at the core.
Why work for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)?
- We are a diverse team that shares a deep belief in the critical need for innovation and expanded access in the treatment of mental health conditions.
- We are entrepreneurial, collaborative, and open-minded in how we approach our innovative work.
- We are a new kind of pharmaceutical company that prioritizes public benefit over profit and is committed to sustainability, accountability, and transparency.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
Senior Director of Medical Science & Outcomes Executive Summary
The Senior Director of Medical Science & Outcomes is a leadership position within MAPS PBC’s Medical Affairs team that directly manages Medical Science Liaisons and Medical Outcomes Liaisons. The Senior Director sets the strategic direction and leads the tactical implementation of Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and payor engagement plans. The Senior Director will partner with other members of Medical Affairs, Commercial, and Clinical Science to ensure alignment with business strategies and activities surrounding pre-launch and post-launch milestones.
- Medical Affairs Field Team Leadership: Build a field-based team comprised of Medical Science Liaisons and Medical Outcomes Liaisons to support MAPS PBC’s pre-launch and post-launch Medical Imperatives. Manage and assume responsibility for the strategic direction, planning, timely implementation, and objective-based tracking of all activities of the field-based Medical team, including the definition and measurement of success metrics. Maintain and continually enhance clinical, scientific, and current healthcare landscape expertise.
- KOL Engagement Strategy and Execution: Define MSL mapping strategy with consideration of a matrixed treatment approach for MDMA-assisted therapy. Develop and execute a KOL engagement plan with an emphasis on pre-launch excellence, supporting medical education needs, clinical trial support, and other partnership opportunities through scientific conference activities, scientific exchange, and collaborative events.
- Payor Engagement Strategy & Execution: Collaborate with MAPS PBC’s Market Access team to ensure strategic alignment and support a payor engagement plan to address scientific, clinical, health outcomes and pharmacoeconomic objectives of decision makers. Provide appropriate product, disease state, health outcomes and real-world evidence information that is comprehensive, accurate, fair balanced, objective, scientifically rigorous to payor audiences, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures. Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders including C-level decision-makers in large medical groups and pharmacy/medical directors at national/regional health plans and PBMs.
- Operational Excellence/Innovation: Respond to unsolicited requests for medical information from HCPs and payors in a timely manner. Engage in scientific exchange with KOL and payor audiences using tailored communication of scientific, health outcomes, and health policy information to varied audiences. Assist with development and execution of KOL and payor resources for field use. Establish processes to gather and share customer insights to help inform Medical, Market Access and brand strategies. Continually monitor impact metrics and drive resource allocation decisions. Leverage data and technology to drive targeted engagement aligned with MAPS PBC’s Medical Imperatives. Ensure all activities are compliant in accordance with regulatory guidance and MAPS PBC’s policies and procedures.
What you bring to the role:
- PharmD, PhD or MD required
- 12+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- 8+ years direct people management experience
- 5+ years leadership experience managing field-based medical/scientific staff
- Experience serving in MSL and MOL roles
- Understanding of metrics used to measure impact of field medical organization
- Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Strong understanding of regulatory guidelines governing HCP interactions and engagement
- Experience leading field medical teams in support of pre-launch investigational drugs preferred
- CNS experience preferred
- Experience working in a pre-launch environment preferred
MAPS PBC is a distributed team that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration.
Competitive benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (100% covered for employees + 50% for dependents)
- Employer funded mental health HRA
- Employer funded SEP IRA
- FSA/Dep Care
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Wellness Wednesday/Journal Club/Yoga/Meditation and so much more!
MAPS PBC commits to building a supportive, equitable, and accessible workplace. We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, arrest or conviction record, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives.