About MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics while prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
More information about the organization is available at https://mapspublicbenefit.com.
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, arrest or conviction record, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid. MAPS PBC strives to continually improve upon the supportive, equitable, and accessible work environment.
Why work for MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC)?
MAPS PBC is a dispersed workforce that offers full-time employment in a dynamic remote work environment. This means our employees enjoy competitive salaries and benefits packages, as well as the comfort of working from their own homes. Through the conscious use of technology, we stay connected to our team members and professional community while, at the same time, enjoying the freedom of a remote environment.
We are committed to conscious leadership and an inclusive team dynamic. Our culture is one of mutual respect, responsibility, and trust. Our employees’ health and happiness are priorities, and we treat our staff like people, not numbers on a spreadsheet.
MAPS PBC is at the forefront of changing the way mental health issues are treated and is committed to bringing dignity and access to overcoming mental health challenges through the conscious use of psychedelics. We believe we are changing the world, and we want you to be a part of it.
MAPS PBC is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with experience in program coordination to join the Training and Supervision Department. Reporting to the Training Program Manager, the Training Coordinator supports the admissions and operations of the MDMA Therapy Training Program and contributes to the growth of the program. The Training Coordinator supports the development and maintenance of training, planning, and communication materials. This position requires competence in program coordination, project management, remote work environments, communication, scheduling, organization, and teamwork. Suitable candidates are able to work well in a fast environment and adept at organizing and managing lots of information virtually.
This position requires an experienced program coordinator, preferably with experience in education.
- Highly motivated and organized person who follows through on assignments with attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Compassionate customer service skills, enjoys interacting with many people nationally and internationally
- Ability to ask clear, goal-oriented questions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a focus on creating solutions
- Self-motivated to complete tasks within agreed-upon deadline, ability to communicate clearly about deadlines and expectations
- Ability to manage time well and ask for support when needed
- Self-reflective and committed to ongoing growth and improvement
- Embodies discretion and able to handle information with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Quick learner, excited about learning to use systems in new contexts
- Comfortable navigating multiple computer and internet-based applications
- Able to organize complex information with digital tools
- Able to synthesize lots of complex information and communicate with clarity and concision
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided.
Full time 40 hours per week. Applicants must be available 40 hours a week, during normal business hours (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday PST). The exact schedule may be arranged upon hire. Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in program coordination or administration, preferably in an education setting
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills and adept at learning new systems
- Preferred familiarity with the mental health field
- Develop enrollment materials
- Develop online applications and applicant database
- Track training enrollment, progress, completion, certification and recertification, via database, LMS and online file share
- Collaborate with other staff members on the process of trainee enrollment, tuition and course registration
- Assist with reviewing scholarship applications and tracking scholarship recipients
Program Support to Trainees
- Support trainees in their progress through the training program
- Communicate with trainees via regular online communication
- Develop communication templates for Frequently Asked Questions
- Meet with trainees to support personalized training plans and address experiential requirements of program
- Provide detailed instruction for various training components. Support each trainee and team in responding to unique needs
- Support the development and administration of curriculum materials including handbooks, worksheets, and rubrics
- Support the development of text, graphic, and video training materials
- Maintain updated curriculum database
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of online learning modules
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of Continuing Education (CE) materials
- Coordinate Train-the-Trainer sessions and assist with the development of Train-the-Trainer materials
- Develop additional training and admissions materials to contribute to program development
Event Planning and Registration
- Event planning for online trainings, each hosting 60 or more people
- Develop agendas and production plans for trainings
- Support the administration and utilization of video conferencing software for online trainings
- Coordinate event registration, creating and managing registration forms
- Event planning for national and international week-long training retreat events, each hosting 60 or more people, including coordinating venue contracts, vendor relationships, lodging, meals, some travel arrangements, and venue logistics such as audio-visual equipment rentals, meeting agenda, ordering supplies and printing, décor, and planned activities.
- Support Trainers and Training Staff in training logistics, preparation and follow-up
Facilitate Training Evaluations and Certification Procedures
- Coordinate with Supervisors to facilitate Supervision requirement of training and confirm certificate eligibility. Work alongside Clinical Operations staff in concerted effort to support site development of therapy clinics and groups of trainees
- Schedule meetings, track multiple calendars, take meeting minutes
- Occasionally assist in the delivery of public presentations
- Meet regularly with MAPS PBC staff, trainees, and the public via online platforms
- Report to manager weekly and participate in regular meetings on the project, department, and organizational level
- Manage project tasks on Asana and contribute to project management
- Create feedback surveys and analyze results for program improvements
- Contribute to Training and Supervision Department planning and goals
Communications and Marketing
- Contribute to public communications: email newsletter, web content, informational calls and documents
- Coordinate outreach and communications campaigns
- Contribute to drafting, editing, and updating technical documents
- Develop text, graphic, and video materials to support communications and outreach
- Communicate and collaborate with key players, internal and external staff
- Check in regularly with supervisor and complete assignments by agreed deadline
- Document processes and provide regular updates
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, streamlining workflows and building efficiencies in individual work and project outcomes
Non-exempt (eligible for overtime)
Hourly pay based on experience. Includes full benefits package.