About MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC):
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at http://www.mapsbcorp.com/
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
The Project Management Associate is primarily responsible for supporting project management, cross functional communications and planning of study specific timelines, metrics and KPIs. This includes working to implement and support processes for this purpose. They will also broadly support creation and maintenance of a consistent and coherent cross functional system for reviewing timelines, study progress, identifying issues/solutions, and where possible mitigating risk and bottlenecks to support Clinical Development Programs. They will work with key stakeholders and project management to drive cross study standards through process development and implementation of timeline template management, collaborating with team leads on kick off, debrief, and risk evaluation meetings.
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided.
Hours: Exempt, full time 40 hours per week (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday). Occasional weekend hours may be required with advance arrangement.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a bio-medical, science or related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in clinical research or related field
- Project management and related software/cloud-based platforms, Smartsheet a plus
- Strong knowledge of GxPs and related regulatory frameworks, NDA experience a plus
- Experience with Risk Assessment Categorization Tools strongly suggested
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Open and clear communicator (written and verbal)
- Self-motivating, able to prioritize and take initiative
- Make informed decisions based on guidance from manager and take responsibility for actions
- Possess sound judgment and discretion
- Able to lead, motivate and understand the needs of others. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage conflict, drive consensus, and promote efficient decision-making
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and timelines
- Able to work quickly in a remote virtual setting
- Computer skills, facility with word-processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to recognize potential obstacles and work within set timelines while maintaining a solution focused attitude
- Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure
Description of Responsibilities:
Support process for contemporaneous cross-functional program management and review, including timelines and milestones, by Program Manager and Senior Leadership
- Ensure that cross-functional teams are aligned on goals and timelines and work with them to achieve milestones on or ahead of schedule
- In collaboration with project management lead develop and maintain overall project plans, including key activities, resource requirements, assumptions, interdependencies, and accountability
- In collaboration with project management lead develop and maintain best practices for using and integrating PM software and cloud-based platforms, and for ensuring adherence to these internally
- Maintain standardized milestones to be applied to each set of clinical trial timelines and identifying those milestones that are on the critical path. Identify dependencies in program plans and highlight areas of risk or possibilities to accelerate progress.
- Maintain the process for building out all Smartsheet timelines for clinical departments to include all identified milestones. Assist in leading regular and as-needed timeline calls with Senior Leadership, other departments and study leads.
- Coordinate with team leads to ensure successful study kick offs, risk assessments and debriefs in alignment with defined KPIs and metrics
- Maintain overall clinical program timelines to support planned regulatory submissions
- Support and maintain process for monthly clinical program review and discussion at monthly dashboard review meetings, ensuring completeness, accuracy and consistency across trials, programs and functions coordinating cross-functional readiness
- In collaboration with project management lead identify key decision points and prepare presentations supporting risk-based decision-making by Senior Leadership
- Monitor cross functional KPIs and metrics over time and across studies reviewing monthly reports from functional leads
- Ensure that each study has milestones defined at the start of the project and are maintained throughout and that deliverables are completed in a timely manner and according to relevant SOP(s)
- Any other cross study/functional process improvement as needed
- Communicate and collaborate with key internal stakeholders
- Check in regularly with supervisor and complete assignments by agreed deadline
- Document processes and provide regular updates
- Proactively seek methods of improvement, streamlining workflows and building efficiencies in individual work and project outcomes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation: Salary range disclosed upon request. Includes full benefits package